From #openttdcoop wiki
On this page all the needed commands are shown to administrate a Server via SSH and especially those for administrating the #openttdcoop Servers
- Member Zone: ~/svn-zone/bin/ (mz.openttdcoop.org:3980)
- Public Server: ~/svn-public/bin/ (ps.openttdcoop.org)
- CoopetitionServer: ~/svn-coopetition/bin/ (openttdcoop.org:3982)
Check internal member board for access infos.
Starting the Server (via autopilot)
- Start a new game: ./autopilot.tcl new
- Load the default savegame (save/game.sav): ./autopilot.tcl load
- Load another savegame: ./autopilot.tcl load save/game/path.sav
Reloading the Server (via console)
- configure settings with Progman's Config Tool
- save current game with save game$Number (Recommend to add a number, so you can find it better for archiving.)
- Reload server: newgame
Editing the openttd.cfg
Common things should be edited with the Configuration Tool: http://openttdcoop.org/config/
- To edit openttd.cfg via SSH you should use vim: vi openttd.cfg
- To search for a string change to search-mode with ? and type your search string, with n you can jump to next result.
- To edit a value you have to change to the insert mode with i, then you can edit the values
- To save and leave vim, leave any mode first with ESC, and type :wq (: = command mode)
- To leave without saving type :q!
- Some values are a bit confusing, i.e. diff_custom, you can find details about this value on the openttd.org wiki page
Basic SVN Commands
Use the update script: ./update (automatically update to last nightly revision)
- Sometimes everything is screwed up and we need to check out a new version (its very bad if this happens):
- Backing up the old data: i.e. cp -r ~/svn-coop/bin ~/backup
- Remove the corrupt copy: rm -rf ~/svn-coop
- Check out a new working copy via svn: svn co -r $revision_number svn://svn.openttd.org/trunk svn-coop
- Restore files from the backup like grfs and openttd.cfg
- edit ~/website/rev to $revision_number
Revision URL: Please check http://$server/rev for showing current revision.
Some values have to be change in runtime, you can do this really easy with Remote Connection in-game. If you are connected to the Server toggle the Console with ^ and use commands:
- To pause/unpause the game: rcon password pause/unpause
- To change a patch setting: rcon password "patch patch_setting value" (don't forget the breakets)
- To view a value of a setting: rcon password "patch patch_setting"
- Some settings use namespaces: i.e. "patch yapf.rail_use_yapf"
Archiving a Game (at www.openttdcoop.org)
If a game is done do the following steps via SSH:
- run ~/sh-scripts/transfer_publicserver.sh and follow
- add a Report to the Wiki (if you don't have time, add at least the date and the used revision!)