From #openttdcoop wiki
First Sketch by Mucht
Imagine two Companies:
- A: 5,500,000 Train Income, 45 trains with positive income, 5 trains with negative income.
- B: 4,000,000 Train Income, 35 trains with positive income, 5 trains with negative income.
The ratio is calculated as: ([Train Income] - [# trains with pos. income]*20,000 - [#trains with neg. income]*40,000) / ( ( [income comp. A] + [income comp. B] ) / 2 )
For our example:
- Company A would have a ratio of 92.63%
- Company B would have a ratio of 65.26%
- It is encouraged to build long routes. Short goods-stealing-routes are not encouraged since you need to earn at least 20,000 with each train, otherwise a train doesn't pay.
- Each team has to watch its trains - a train with no income is awful for the ratio.
- The global income (of both companies) is the norming factor.